This is a hit with family and friends. Definitely for the garlic lover!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse asparagus thoroughly.
- 2Cut into 1 1/2 inch bites, after removing tough ends.
- 3In a large nonstick pan, throw in garlic until it "starts to sizzle".
- 4Add butter, and melt.
- 5Stir to evenly distribute garlic.
- 6Drop in asparagus, simmer on med-high heat, until sauce level gets to half the volume of the asparagus, flip the asparagus, simmer two minutes.
- 7Flip/stir again.
- 8Add the wine.
- 9Simmer until largest pieces are just fork tender--not crisp (though, I like mine still a bit crispy).
- 10Take off heat, cover let rest 10 minutes, then serve.
- 11**We have used vegan margarine (not low-fat) successfully, too, if you want to make this vegan.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bo's Famous Garlic Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.8
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 85.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 3.3 g