Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a hit with family and friends. Definitely for the garlic lover!
- 2 1⁄4 lbs fresh asparagus
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup white wine (he prefers chardonnay)
- salt, to taste
- Rinse asparagus thoroughly.
- Cut into 1 1/2 inch bites, after removing tough ends.
- In a large nonstick pan, throw in garlic until it "starts to sizzle".
- Add butter, and melt.
- Stir to evenly distribute garlic.
- Drop in asparagus, simmer on med-high heat, until sauce level gets to half the volume of the asparagus, flip the asparagus, simmer two minutes.
- Flip/stir again.
- Add the wine.
- Simmer until largest pieces are just fork tender--not crisp (though, I like mine still a bit crispy).
- Take off heat, cover let rest 10 minutes, then serve.
- **We have used vegan margarine (not low-fat) successfully, too, if you want to make this vegan.
Thanks for sharing this recipe, we loved it!!! :)
Yummy! This is a great recipe. I also added zucchini, tomatos, and seasoned salt. Thanks for the recipe.