- 2⁄3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄4 cup honey mustard
- 1 lb grilling top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 4 cups small cauliflower florets
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 package snow peas, defrosted
- 4 cups hot cooked fusilli (or other pasta, couscous or rice)
- 1⁄4 cup toasted slivered almonds (optional)
- Combine first 4 ingredients and pepper to taste in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk and set aside.
- Heat a large oiled non-stick skillet over high heat.
- Add meat and saute 3 minutes or until browned.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add cauliflower and broth; cover, reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes.
- Return meat to skillet; stir in yogurt mixture.
- Add snow peas and bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes, stirring gently.
- Toss with pasta before serving.
- Garnish with toasted almonds, if desired.
- Good served cold as a luncheon salad.
The honey mustard added a different punch to the sauce. Didn't have any snow peas so I used plain old frozen peas which worked out fine. Served it over pasta, but next time it's on rice...think it would go better with the curry. But Dancer^ was right it's great cold with the pasta!
This is easy to prepare and very tasty. It will be one of my weeknight standbys from now on. Thank you for sharing!
Fabulous! I did not have honey mustard, so used my Dijon and added about a tablespoon of honey. Used fresh snow peas rather than frozen. I chose the cous-cous, but think the rice would be a better choice next time.