1/1 Photo of Bollito Misto Di Verdure (Boiled Mixed Vegetables)
1 hr 30 mins
So simple it almost seems silly to post it. This is a great summer side dish or salad when the veggies are at their peak. This is just a suggestion of veggies to use add more to the list (as I do) or change it as the harvest changes. Its very important to use a very good, flavorful oil here. I got this from about.com and they never gave how many servings so I am guessing. I usually make a big batch of this and keep it in the fridge to use for a few days. The leftovers are always great tossed with pasta or risotto. The cook time is the chill time. We sometimes add a drizzle of vinegar at the table and/or a handful of grated cheese if it strikes our fancy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 680.38 g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3-4 carrots, peeled
- 226.79 g beet
- 226.79 g zucchini
- 226.79 g string bean, ends snapped off and strings removed
- olive oil
- capers packed in salt (optional)
- 14.79 ml parsley, minced and other optional herbs you have in your garden (basil, oregano, rosemary are all nice)
- salt and pepper
- 1Boil or steam all the vegetables keeping in mind they cook at different rates so you'll either have to do them in batches or different pots.
- 2Cook them to your taste. Some I like crisp-tender, others well done.
- 3Drain them and let them cool enough to handle them.
- 4Peel the beets and chop all the vegetables into bite-size pieces and combine them in a bowl.
- 5If you are using capers, stir them in now.
- 6Season with olive oil to taste, keeping in mind that the vegetables shouldn't be dry, but they shouldn't be swimming either. Season with salt and pepper and the herbs to taste and chill for at least an hour.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bollito Misto Di Verdure (Boiled Mixed Vegetables)
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.9
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 95.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 6.5 g