Marinated, Mixed Vegetables
- Ready In:
- 4 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup carrot, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups fennel bulbs, chopped
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups red onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, freshly-grated
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice, freshly-squeezed
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons Madras curry powder
- In a large pot, bring water and salt to a boil. Add cauliflower, carrot and beans; cook for 2 minutes after water returns to a boil. Add fennel; cook for 3 minutes after water returns to a boil. Drain, rinse with cold water, drain.
- To prepare marinade, whisk all ingredients together in small bowl.
- Place cooked vegetables in a large bowl. Add mushrooms, onion and cilantro. Pour marinade over vegetables; toss well to coat. Refrigerate for 4 hours or more. Drain before serving or serve with a slotted spoon.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!