Very easy instructions for how to boil an artichoke and make a tasty dipping sauce.
Make and share this Boiled Artichoke With a Garlic Butter Dipping Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil.
- Quarter one of the lemons and add to the pot of boiling water.
- Cut the stems off the artichoke and cut the top inch off from the leaves (optional). You can also use scissors to cut the pointed tips off the leaves if you desire.
- Boil the artichokes for 35 minutes or until you can easily pull away one of the lower leaves.
- Fill individual ramekins with 1 tbsp of butter each and microwave until butter is melted (approximately 30 seconds).
- Stir the garlic paste into the ramekins of butter.
- Squeeze the juice from the remaining lemon into the ramekins.
- To eat: pull the leaves off the artichoke, dip in sauce, and scrape the meat off the leaf with your teeth. Once you are out of leaves use a spoon to scrape out the "hair" of the artichoke and then eat the heart of the artichoke (the best part!) by dipping in the butter sauce.