1/1 Photo of Boiled Artichoke With a Garlic Butter Dipping Sauce
Very easy instructions for how to boil an artichoke and make a tasty dipping sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil.
- 2Quarter one of the lemons and add to the pot of boiling water.
- 3Cut the stems off the artichoke and cut the top inch off from the leaves (optional). You can also use scissors to cut the pointed tips off the leaves if you desire.
- 4Boil the artichokes for 35 minutes or until you can easily pull away one of the lower leaves.
- 5Fill individual ramekins with 1 tbsp of butter each and microwave until butter is melted (approximately 30 seconds).
- 6Stir the garlic paste into the ramekins of butter.
- 7Squeeze the juice from the remaining lemon into the ramekins.
- 8To eat: pull the leaves off the artichoke, dip in sauce, and scrape the meat off the leaf with your teeth. Once you are out of leaves use a spoon to scrape out the "hair" of the artichoke and then eat the heart of the artichoke (the best part!) by dipping in the butter sauce.
Browse Our Top Artichoke Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Boiled Artichoke With a Garlic Butter Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 71.7
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 121.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: