We had a dinner/cooking lesson at a local seafood restaurant called Bodean's. It's rich and fancy.
Make and share this Bodean's Chocolate Mousse recipe from Food.com.
- Melt chocolate to 104-113°.
- In a bowl combine sugar, yolks and cream. Whisk the bowl setting on top of a pan of steaming almost boiling water. This is a lengthy process and should take about 30 minutes. This is called sabayon and will thicken like a hollindaise sauce. Once it has thickened set it aside to cool slightly.
- Everything is going to be folded into the chocolate. Start with 1/2 of the whipped cream, then the sabayan and finish with the rest of the whipped cream.
- Once everything is blended together place the mouse in the freezer to setup.
- It will last for quite awhile so this can be made ahead of time and stored in the freezer till needed.