1/2 Photos of Bodean's Chocolate Mousse
We had a dinner/cooking lesson at a local seafood restaurant called Bodean's. It's rich and fancy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt chocolate to 104-113°.
- 2In a bowl combine sugar, yolks and cream. Whisk the bowl setting on top of a pan of steaming almost boiling water. This is a lengthy process and should take about 30 minutes. This is called sabayon and will thicken like a hollindaise sauce. Once it has thickened set it aside to cool slightly.
- 3Everything is going to be folded into the chocolate. Start with 1/2 of the whipped cream, then the sabayan and finish with the rest of the whipped cream.
- 4Once everything is blended together place the mouse in the freezer to setup.
- 5It will last for quite awhile so this can be made ahead of time and stored in the freezer till needed.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bodean's Chocolate Mousse
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.3
- Calories from Fat 264
- Total Fat 29.3 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 224.0 mg
- Sodium 32.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 3.1 g