Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is an easy recipe I created that has actually turned out to be a family favorite. Some of you might call it Chicken Noodle Soup; others might call it Chicken & Dumplings; we just call it yummy! From the kitchen of Tona Thornburg Court, Bridgeton MO.
- 2 (46 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 6 cups water
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons refrigerated minced garlic (produce section of grocery store)
- 2 teaspoons McCormick grill seasoning
- 16 ounces frozen sliced carrots
- 36 ounces frozen noodles
- 1 deli herb roasted broiler, boned and cut into bite-size pieces
- Use an 8 quart stock pot.
- Put first 9 ingredients into stock pot. Mix well and bring to a rapid boil.
- Add frozen noodles and chicken; mix well; bring to boil once again.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer for 1 1/2 - 2 hours stirring about every 15 minutes. Cook until the noodles and carrots are al dente.
- Be sure to remove bay leaves before serving.
Quick, easy to put together. Delicious soup!! Will make again.