Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I like broccoli almond casserole and this one is made with real cheese instead of whiz or velveeta.
- 2 (16 ounce) packagesfrozen broccoli, pieces (about 4-6 cups)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained (can add a few more if you want!!)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄2 ounces slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cook broccoli according to directions.
- Saute the almonds in 1 tablespoon butter. Set aside.
- In a large skillet saute onions and mushrooms in remaining butter.
- Add soup, cheese, garlic, salt and 1/2 of sauteed almonds, cooking until cheese melts.
- Lay broccoli in baking dish and cover with sauce mixture.
- Top with remaining almonds.
- Bake 20 minutes.
This broccoli casserole has a wonderful sauce, I love that it has real cheese!!! This is the easiest, and closest recipe that I have ever found to my Grandma's broccoli almond casserole that she made when they still had Kraft's garlic cheese roll (which they have discontinued). I used Campbell's 25% less salt cream of mushroom soup and 2 (6.5oz) cans of sliced mushrooms. Love the flavor of the butter-toasted almonds too!!! Thanks for posting this great recipe, Bobby!! Love your show!!!