Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
The Horn of the Moon by Ginny Callan
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower oil
- 2 cups blueberries
- maple syrup
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients, stirring the oil and the berries in last. Don’t over stir.
- Preheat waffle iron and butter it lightly.
- Cook until waffle iron stops steaming and waffles are golden brown, 4-7 minutes.
- Variations: plain – omit the blueberries.
- Poppy seed – add 2 tablespoons poppy seeds with the oil.
- Nut – add ½ cup chopped walnuts or almonds with the oil.