Recipe by Sharon123
Not just a decadent topping for pancakes, this syrup is also lovely infused in lemonade! Stir 2 tbls. of blueberry syrup into 1 1/2 to 2 cups fresh lemonade and serve over ice for a refreshing take on a classic summer cooler! This goes great over Multigrain Blueberry pancakes. Adapted from Country Living magazine.
- 6 cups fresh blueberries, washed, drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- The Fruit:.
- In a food processor, place the blueberries and ginger and pulse to coarsely chop.
- Place the contents in a glass bowl and stir in honey, lemon juice, and sugar. Cover and let stand for 2 hours.
- The Syrup:.
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, place the blueberry mixture and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and strain into a bowl through cheesecloth or a fine sieve.
- Pour syrup into a pint jar. Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month. Enjoy!