1/1 Photo of Blueberry Pomegranate Infused Red Wine Vinegar
Coordinates with Craisin’ Green Salad With Pears, Blueberry Pomegranate-Tarragon Marinated Pork Chops, Red Beet and Orange Salad (Nick Stellino), Strawberry, Melon & Avocado Salad, and Sweet Lime and Blueberry Pomegranate Chicken Breasts and I was unable to buy this vinegar from our small town grocery store so I developed my own with the help of Chef#220195. Allow yourself 3 days before using. Also is good over fresh or grilled stone fruit slices. Might be good in a Korean blueberry shrub cocktail that has Korean soju or Japanese shochu, and a bit of club soda.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put vinegar and sugar into medium sized sauce pan, bring to a boil, lower to a simmer, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 2While vinegar mixture is simmering, wash blueberries, and dry off with paper toweling; put berries between 2 layers of wax paper; gently crush berries until they pop-to get more of the flavor into the vinegar.
- 3Use the wax paper to funnel the berries into the quart jar.
- 4Remove vinegar mixture from heat, add pomegranate juice to vinegar, put funnel into quart jar, and pour hot vinegar mixture over blueberries.
- 5Allow to cool down for 30 minutes.
- 6Cover tightly with lid and let stand at room temperature for 3 days.
- 7Shake jar occasionally.
- 8Place several layers of cheesecloth in a strainer set inside a glass bowl; dump mixture through to strain out the blueberries; discard the blueberries. You might need to repeat this step.
- 9While doing the above step, clean a pint jar and lid to put the vinegar into.
- 10Using a funnel pour the liquid into the jar, label, cover, and store in refrigerator up to 1 month. (Guessing on storage, but will err on side of caution until someone with the expertise tells me differently).
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Pomegranate Infused Red Wine Vinegar
Serving Size: 1 (713 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.1
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 22.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 23.8 g
- Protein 0.6 g