Recipe by MARIA MAC *
This is a yummy bread. I always use the coconut. It goes great with the pineapple. This bread also freezes well.
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F; grease 2 loaf pans.
- Cream shortening & sugar.
- Mix milk, eggs, lemon juice & pineapple: add to creamed
- Sift together flour, baking powder, soda and salt, beat into
- Fold in blueberries, nuts & coconut, then pour into loaf pans.
- Bake 1 hour, cool 10 minutes; remove from pans.