Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love to bake, and I love pies. But what I hate about pies is when people use filling. Therefore I never do! This pie is nothing but blueberries (besides sugar, flour, blah, blah, blah lol) and is absolutely delicious!
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Make pie crust. Try using my 3 Ingredient Easy Oil Pie Crust.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Stir in blueberries until coated. *If using Frozen up the sugar amount a little-I have found that frozen blueberries are a little more tart.
- Spoon into pastry-lined pie pan, including the extra flour/sugar/cinnamon mix that didn't stick to blueberries.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice. Cut up Butter and sprinkle over blueberry mixture.
- Cover with top pastry, seal, flute and cut slits on top.
- Sprinkle sugar on top of pasty for added look.
- Cover rim of pastry with foil or metal crust ring, to prevent excessive browning.
- Bake 30 minutes. Take off foil/crust ring and bake additional 15 minutes until all of pie is golden brown.
- VERY SIMPLE! ENJOY!
Delicious..I only had one shell left so I made lattice on top.Will make again.
Absolutely delicious and beautiful every time. Well worth the trouble to make.
Simply delicious! So many cooks seem to think complicated is better and maybe it is for some things, but for fruit or berry pies, simple is way better. This Blueberry Pie recipe features blueberries as the star attraction. I was going to post something almost identical to this recipe, but why bother? Instead, I'll just say, pay attention to instruction #3. Since I almost always use frozen home-grown blueberries, I use 1 cup of sugar and Fame869 explains why. My only question is who gets 8-12 servings out of a pie? Around here, we do good to get 6 servings from a pie as good as this.