Prep 40 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is another of our family's Thanksgiving desserts.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 cups blueberries (frozen is fine)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into tiny pieces
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Heat oven to 425.
- Prepare: Two Crust, 9 Inches pie pastry (food.com recipe #442481). Place the bottom crust in a 9 inch pie pan. After rolling out the top crust, cut it into strips to make a lattice top for the pie.
- Mix the dry ingredients (sugar, flour, cinnamon and cloves) in a large bowl.
- Gently add the berries to the flour mixture and stir to cover.
- Turn the berry mixture into the crust lined pan.
- Sprinkle the lemon juice over all.
- Scatter the tiny pieces of butter over all.
- Arrange the strips of top crust into a woven lattice pattern, building up a high edge and sealing tightly.
- Brush the pastry with milk.
- Cover the edge with strips of aluminum foil to prevent burning. Remove foil during last 15 minutes of bake time.
- Bake until golden brown, 35-40 minutes.