Recipe by ellie3763
from "my kitchen addiction" - http://www.mykitchenaddiction.com/2010/07/blueberry-peach-coffee-cake/
- 1 1⁄4 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (or up to 1/2 c if you want a sweeter cake)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup peach, peeled and diced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F Spray a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt) in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, ricotta cheese, and milk until smooth.
- Pour wet ingredient mixture into the dry ingredient mixture and gently combine until all of the dry ingredients have been moistened.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish. Press the peaches and blueberries down into the top of the batter. Sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the cake is set in the center and a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for about 20-25 minutes prior to slicing. Serve warm with ice cream or yogurt and fresh blueberries.