One of my family's favorites. Recipe is from Woman's Day. I changed the serving size after Sydney Mike's review.
- Stir baking mix, milk, egg, sugar, baking powder, lemon zest and juice in a bowl until blended; stir in berries.
- Melt 1 t butter in a large nonstick skillet.
- For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup batter in pan.
- Cook until bottoms are golden; turn over and cook until bottoms are golden.
- Repeat with remaining butter and batter.
- This recipe makes 10 (4 inch) pancakes.
Truly delightful, the lemon flavor was distinctive, highlighting the blueberries. DH said these were the best pancakes he has eaten, and he loves blueberry pancakes. I would probably double the amount of blueberries the next time, if I wasn't topping with a blueberry compote following Strawberry Jam (Bread Machine) #248627 (before the jam thickened under refrigeration). We will make these often. Made for Please Review My Recipe tag.
I can't figure out what I did....I followed the instructions exactly....didn't even cut it in half like I usually do! (Planned on putting them in ziplocks and reheating for breakfast for the work-week. But my batter was really thin. Also, there weren't enough blueberries per pancake. But even with that, they were delicious. The lemon zest added a new dimension, which I will decrease a bit next time. I really love pancakes, and make them often. Usually don't have a problem cooking them, but for some reason, I had a problem with this mix. I made my own blueberry syrup out of whole blueberries to serve with these. Made for I Recommend.
Wonderful pancakes! The lemon and blueberry combo was lovely. I easily subbed in a gluten free flour mix with excellent results. I served with Blueberry Syrup, which I had simmering alongside as I cooked the pancakes. Delicious! Thanks for sharing!