Recipe by Lainey39
One of my family's favorites. Recipe is from Woman's Day. I changed the serving size after Sydney Mike's review.
Top Review by KateL
Truly delightful, the lemon flavor was distinctive, highlighting the blueberries. DH said these were the best pancakes he has eaten, and he loves blueberry pancakes. I would probably double the amount of blueberries the next time, if I wasn't topping with a blueberry compote following Recipe #248627 #248627 (before the jam thickened under refrigeration). We will make these often. Made for Please Review My Recipe tag.
- 1 cup pancake and baking mix (such as Bisquick)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 teaspoons butter
- blueberry syrup or maple syrup, for serving
- blueberries (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir baking mix, milk, egg, sugar, baking powder, lemon zest and juice in a bowl until blended; stir in berries.
- Melt 1 t butter in a large nonstick skillet.
- For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup batter in pan.
- Cook until bottoms are golden; turn over and cook until bottoms are golden.
- Repeat with remaining butter and batter.
- This recipe makes 10 (4 inch) pancakes.