Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Adapted from Barefoot Contessa
Make and share this Blueberry Muffins With Streusel Topping Recipe recipe from Food.com.
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, lightly packed
- 59.16 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 591.47 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
- 177.48 ml unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 7.39 ml vanilla extract
- 226.79 g sour cream
- 59.14 ml milk
- 709.77 ml fresh blueberries
- For the topping: In a medium bowl, stir together the 1/2 cup flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/2 cup brown sugar. Add the 4 tablespoons butter and combine with a fork until the topping resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Place paper baking liners in muffin pans. In a separate medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- With electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffly, about 5 minutes.
- At low speed, beat one egg at a time, then add vanilla, sour cream and milk until combined. Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients at a time and beat until just combined. Carefully fold in blueberries into batter.
- Scoop batter into muffin pans filling each cup to the top. Sprinkle topping evenly over batter. Be generous.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until cake tester comes out clean.
I just had to throw away a batch of blueberry muffins! This is a horrible recipe! Why 3 eggs? That is highly unusual! They didn't rise at all! I should have stuck to my proven recipe! I will never use any recipes from Food.Com again! Cannot trust the recipes on this site!!!!<br/><br/>I had to tweet the remaining batter to get something out of my ingridenents. Had to add more of a leveling agent to get a cake out of this!! Throw this recipe in the trash!!!
Best blueberry muffins ever! Really easy to make too! Thanks!
Yum yum - need I say more and even without the topping. Granted they are not super healthy but certainly a great treat when we feel like being sinful. Nice for a weekend breakfast.