Recipe by Creation in Hope
This is a recipe that I found in our local paper and I thought that it sounded really good. I have not tried this. The muffins are the 'flavored' ones like blueberry and such.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 large blueberry muffins (store bought)
- 1 large banana
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 2 Tablespoons of butter.
- Cut muffins in half.
- Place the muffin halves, cut side down, in the skillet.
- Toast 2 minutes, or until browned.
- Transfer the muffins to two ovenproof serving plates, cut side up.
- Place the plates in the oven to keep warm.
- Add remaining butter to the skillet and return to a medium-high heat.
- While butter melts, slice banana in half length wise, then cut each half in two across the center.
- Place the bananas in the skillet and cook.
- Move them gently in the pan to prevent sticking, for 3 minutes, or until browned.
- Gently flip the bananas, sprinkle them with brown sugar and cinnamon and cook another 2 minutes.
- To serve, set one section of banana over each muffin half, then spoon any sauce from the pan over them.