Recipe by Olha
Make this with or without sugar. Using sugar makes them a bit more tender.
Top Review by Messy44
Made these this morning and they were good for no sugar and low fat. I did not add the liquid sweetener and used 1/4 c. Splenda instead. They were not sweet at all, but the berries were enough for us to be happy! A nice option for those watching their diets. Thanks.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt (less than 1% MF)
- 3 1⁄4 teaspoons liquid sweetener (see Note)
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 large egg, fork beaten
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first 4 ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Make a well in center.
- Add yogurt, sweetener, milk and egg to well.
- Stir just until moistened.
- Quickly stir in blueberries.
- Spray muffin cups with no stick cooking spray.
- Fill 3/4 full.
- Bake in 400 F.
- oven for about 15 to 20 minutes until golden.
- Yield: 12 medium muffins.
- NOTE: To use sugar, omit sweetener and add 1/3 cup granulated sugar.
- Add 22 calories per muffin.
- Calories per muffin with liquid sweetener.
- 109 Cholesterol.
- 19 mg Sodium.
- 143 mg Fat.
- trace Company's Coming Light Recipes.