Recipe by anly1970
These are very good. Just enough sweet. Not sure why they were named after the old dept. store, but that's what my family always called them. Massing some of the blueberries makes them really purple. Feel free to skip that step.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar, plus
- 2 teaspoons extra granulated sugar, for top of muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix til blended.
- Add 1/2 of dry ingredients to wet and combine.
- Add 1/2 of milk and combine.
- Add remaining dry ingredients and combine.
- Add remaining milk and combine.
- Mash 1/2 cup of blueberries and stir in by hand. Add remaining blueberries and stir.
- Grease muffin tin, or use paper liners. Fill approximately 2/3 full. Sprinkle extra sugar on top of muffins.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Makes approximately 18 muffins.