Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here's an adaptation of a blueberry muffin recipe. My kids love it. You can make it a little healthier by using a whole wheat flour, but with my kids, I have to add more sugar to the recipe to get them to eat the whole wheat.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Grease muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine egg, milk and oil.
- Add flour and sugar and stir until moist.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.
- Makes 12 muffins.
We used sugar substite Called Splenda and it tasted great
I agree with the "dough ball" comment. They came out like rubber for me.
Double Acting Baking Power is needed to make them rise. I found that a table spoon works well, maybe a touch less would be better.