Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Monkey bread with a twist!
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 4 (10 ounce) packages refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 1⁄4 cups blueberries, divided
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350~.
- Thoroughly grease a 10 X 4 inch tube pan.
- Mix 2/3 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon and set aside.
- Cut biscuits in quarters and roll each piece in sugar mixture.
- Arrange about 1/2 of the sugared biscuit pieces and 1/4 cup of the blueberries in an even layer in pan.
- Repeat three more times.
- In saucepan, melt butter; stir in brown sugar, the remaining 1/4 cup blueberries and cinnamon.
- Cook, stirring frequently until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour hot syrup over biscuit / blueberry mixture in pan.
- Bake for 65 minutes or until done.
- Turn out onto serving plate.