Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Plan ahead the unbaked French toast needs to be refrigerated for a minimum of 8 hours or overnight before baking. Serve this with blueberry sauce!
Top Review by chef313633
yummy my whole family enjoyed this. I have to admit I was leary about trying this after the review about it being rich.I am so glad we tried it anyway. My husband who is not a breakfast fan nor a fan for sweets but loves blueberries tried this and loved it. I used the sugar as well as 2pts of blueberries and served with blueberry sauce. Thanks for a great recipe we will use again.
- 12 slices white bread (crusts removed, use day-old bread for this)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries (can use more!)
- 12 large eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream (use 10% or 18% cream)
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Cut the bread into 1-inch cubes.
- Sprinkle HALF of the bread cubes in the baking dish.
- Cut the cream cheese into about 1-inch cubes or smaller, then toss over the bread in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle about 1/4 cup sugar over the cream cheese (if using).
- Sprinkle with 1-1/2 cups blueberries then the remaining bread cubes on top.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs until frothy.
- Add in half and half and maple syrup; whisk until well combined.
- Pour over the bread in the baking dish.
- Cover and chill for a minimum of 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven uncover, and continue baking for about 25-30 minutes more, or until golden brown and the center is set.