Prep 20 mins
Cook 17 mins
Healthy and low-fat what could be better. ww points 4.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar (divided)
- 1⁄2 cup dried blueberries
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) container lemon low fat yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup plum baby food or 1⁄3 cup plum puree
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly coat large baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine flour, 1/2 cup of the sugar, the blueberries, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In small bowl, whisk together yogurt, dried plum puree, butter, lemon peel and vanilla.
- Add to dry ingredients and stir together with rubber spatula to form a dough that just holds together.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and pat it into a 10-inch circle.
- Combine the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar with nutmeg and sprinkle evenly over the dough.
- Pat the sugar mixture gently.
- Cut circle into 12 wedges with sharp knife.
- Space scones about an inch apart on prepared baking sheet; bake 15 to 17 minutes or until scones are a rich golden brown and cracked on tops.
- Transfer to cooling rack; let cool slightly.
- Serve warm.
- Dried Plum Purée: In food processor container, combine 2/3 cup (4 ounces) pitted dried plums and 3 tablespoons water; process on and off until finely chopped.