Recipe by my kid's mom
taken from Jessica Seinfeld's book "Deceptively Delicious"
Top Review by claireirene24
My kids have been eating these all week, they are delicious and nutritious! I had to add sour cream because I didn't have enough lemon yogurt, so just a hint of lemon but great! Next time, more lemon for me.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons trans-fat free margarine, chilled
- 1 cup lemon low fat yogurt
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup yellow squash puree
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with a cooking spray or line with paper baking cups.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar and the margarine with a wooden spoon. Stir in the yogurt, blueberries, yellow squash puree, egg, lemon extract, and lemon zest.
- Add the flour, flaxseed meal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir just to combine, but do not overmix - the batter is supposed to be lumpy.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups. BAke until the tops of the muffins are lightly browned and a toothpick come out clean when inserted in the center, 13 to 16 minutes. Turn the muffins out onto a rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days. Or wrap individually and freeze for up to 1 month.