Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Just a little fancier than regular blueberry muffins!
- 473.18 ml flour
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml white sugar
- 236.59 ml skim milk
- 14.78 ml baking powder
- 118.29 ml margarine, melted
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml frozen blueberries
- 118.29 ml superfine sugar
- 118.29 ml lemon juice
- Combine flour, sugar, and baking powder in large bowl.
- Beat egg in separate bowl; add milk& margarine.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients.
- Stir until just mixed- batter will be lumpy.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Take slightly cooled muffins& dunk top into lemon juice and then sugar.
- Cool completely before serving.
These are delightful, and the lemon juice sugar dippin' trick is great! I mixed them slightly differently - I didn't melt the butter, just worked it in to the dry ingredients with a pastry blender, then added the wet ingredients. I also added some vanilla extract to the wet ingredients. For the most part these had pretty domes. The texture is appealingly tender, taste is light and not overly sweet. I used 1 and 1/2 c. fresh blueberries; next time I will stick with just 1 c. as the recipe specifies. Perfectly delicious!!