1/3 Photos of Blueberry Ice Cream (For Ice Cream Machine)
This is a creamy ice cream with a beautiful fresh blueberry and vanilla flavour. I adapted this from a strawberry ice cream recipe that came with my machine. The original calls for 2 Tbsp of vanilla but I reduced the amount so as not to overpower the blueberry flavour. Perfect with fresh blueberries but good with frozen as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk together egg yolks, sugar and vanilla by hand or with a mixer for 1-2 minutes, until smooth and the colour lightens.
- 2Heat cream and milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat until very hot but not boiling, about 7 minutes.
- 3Reduce heat to low.
- 4Add 4 Tablespoons hot milk and cream, one at a time, to the egg yolk mixture, whisking each time.
- 5Slowly pour egg mixture back into the saucepan of hot milk and cream, whisking constantly.
- 6Cook on low, stirring, until the mixture coats the back of a teaspoon, 4-5 minutes.
- 7Remove from heat, let cool and refrigerate until cold.
- 8Thaw blueberries if using frozen.
- 9When ice cream mixture is cold chop blueberries in a food processor or blender and stir into the cream mixture.
- 10Start your machine, pour in the mix and run for 20-25 minutes or according to the directions for your machine.
- 11Scrape ice cream into a freezable container and freeze for 2-24 hours.
- 12The ice cream will be very soft at first but very hard after freezing; let thaw at room temperature 10 minutes before scooping and serve with fresh blueberries on top.
- 13Cooking time is time in the ice cream maker but not freezing time.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Ice Cream (For Ice Cream Machine)
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.6
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 90.3 mg
- Sodium 30.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 2.5 g