Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook6 hrs 30 mins
This is a pudding with dumplings in it. Pretty tasty! This is a crockpot dish so turn it on and leave it be for 5 1/2- 6 hours, before you start the dumpling part.
- 4 cups frozen blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water, warm if using frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons dry tapioca
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- In a 31/2 quart slow cooker, combine blueberries, the 1/2 cup granulated sugar, the water and tapioca. Cover and slow-cook until the berries have formed a thick sauce, 5 to 6 hours on low.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, the remaining 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, baking powder and salt to combine. Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in the butter until the mixture resembled coarse meal.
- In small bowl, beat milk and egg together.
- Stir into flour mixture to form a soft dough.
- Turn the slow-cooker to high.
- Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls on top of the blueberries.
- Cover and slow-cook until the topping is firm and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the dumplings with the brown sugar.
- Let the grunt stand for 5 minutes before serving, then spoon into individual bowls.