6 hrs 40 mins
6 hrs 30 mins
Miss JJ's Note:
This is a pudding with dumplings in it. Pretty tasty! This is a crockpot dish so turn it on and leave it be for 5 1/2- 6 hours, before you start the dumpling part.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup water, warm if using frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons dry tapioca
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1In a 31/2 quart slow cooker, combine blueberries, the 1/2 cup granulated sugar, the water and tapioca. Cover and slow-cook until the berries have formed a thick sauce, 5 to 6 hours on low.
- 2In a medium bowl, whisk flour, the remaining 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, baking powder and salt to combine. Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in the butter until the mixture resembled coarse meal.
- 3In small bowl, beat milk and egg together.
- 4Stir into flour mixture to form a soft dough.
- 5Turn the slow-cooker to high.
- 6Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls on top of the blueberries.
- 7Cover and slow-cook until the topping is firm and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- 8Sprinkle the dumplings with the brown sugar.
- 9Let the grunt stand for 5 minutes before serving, then spoon into individual bowls.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Grunt
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.0
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 279.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 41.8 g
- Protein 5.0 g