Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe was found in my Mother's Recipe Box : ). Cooking time also includes chilling time.
Make and share this Blueberry Fritters recipe from Food.com.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt together.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in milk.
- Add lightly beaten egg yolks.
- Blend together till batter is smooth (add a little more milk if needed to make the batter smooth).
- Fold in fresh blueberries.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Chill, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Form into fritters by making balls with two spoons dipped into hot water, and deep-fry (375 F) until golden brown.
- Serve with blueberry syrup.
What a nice way to start the day! The kids and I loved 'em sprinkled with a light dusting of powdered sugar and then a drizzle of maple syrup (didn't have blueberry). I've never made fritters before, but have donuts, and these fry up quite similarly, except looser--so they spread out more in the oil. Would definitely make again and use other fruits too. Oh, and I used frozen blueberries, and they seemed to work beautifully!