Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This fruity dessert sounds great huh?!
Make and share this Blueberry Custard Parfait recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- In a saucepan, combine eggs, milk, sugar and salt. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until custard is slightly thickened and coats the back of a spoon. Remove custard from the heat.
- Add vanilla, citrus peels and nutmeg; mix well. Cool for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small mixing bowl, whip the cream and powdered sugar until stiff. Fold two-thirds of the whipped cream into the cooled custard.
- Layer custard and blueberries in 4 parfait glasses. Garnish with remaining whipped cream. Chill for 1 hour before serving.-(not included in prep or cooking time).
This was ok. Guess I'm not much on Custard - it wasn't "hard" to make but it looked pretty nasty when done. It tasted better than it looked, but that really isn't saying a whole lot. But - and this is a big but - my friend Bruce liked the flavor and the consistancy. I wouldn't fix it for myself ever again, but would fix it for him anytime. Sorry, personally 2 stars was all I could muster.