William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
A fabulous dessert at any occasion. I have been making this recipe for over 25 years. I am not too sure where it came from. We have an abundance of blueberries in our area and I freeze them in separate packages to use when necessary.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1In a mixing bowl, mix together brown sugar with cornstarch.
- 2Add blueberries to sugar mixture and stir until well coated.
- 3Spoon blueberry mixture into a 9 inch x 9 inch microwave safe dish.
- 4Microwave on HIGH (full power) uncovered for 3 1/2 minutes for fresh blue berries or 6 minutes if using frozen blueberries.
- 5Blueberry sauce should be thick and bubbly.
- 6Stir once half way through cooking.
- 8In a mixing bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, rolled oats and butter and rub together with fingers until evenly mixed.
- 9Spread evenly in a separate microwave safe dish and microwave on HIGH (full power) for 4 minutes or until golden and crumbly; stirring once.
- 10Spoon cooked topping evenly over blueberry base.
- 11Serve hot with icecream or whipping cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Crisp
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.3
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 6.7 mg
- Sodium 26.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 15.1 g
- Protein 0.9 g