Captain Fairfield Inn's country version of an old favorite.
Make and share this Blueberry Corn Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Beat the butter with the sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, orange juice, and vanilla.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, cornmeal, and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir just until blended, then fold in the in blueberries.
- Lightly grease muffin cups with canola oil.
- Fill the cups about 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugarand bake for 20 minutes.
I like just about anything with cornmeal in it and these are no exception. Did not have any oranges or orange juice so I added some orange extract to 1/2 cup water and it gave a terrific flavour. I skipped the cinnamon sugar and these babies were just fine without them!! Thanks Lorac.
These are the best corn muffins I have ever eaten! I loved the taste of orange and vanilla along with the blueberries. I did add baking soda as one reviewer suggested, but they are not a light and fluffy muffin because of the cornmeal. I served them with lentil soup and it was so good. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Carole in Orlando
These were interesting. They went together very quickly and it made enough for 8 LARGE muffins. I did use paper liners instead of just putting them in the muffin tin to bake. They also didn't rise as I had expected them to and maybe they need a tsp. of baking soda to go along with the baking powder to remedy that problem. They were very good while they were hot but not as good when they cooled as they had a "grainy" texture. I did enjoy the topping as it added an extra "umph" to the muffin.