Recipe by Lorac
Captain Fairfield Inn's country version of an old favorite.
Top Review by Tebo
I like just about anything with cornmeal in it and these are no exception. Did not have any oranges or orange juice so I added some orange extract to 1/2 cup water and it gave a terrific flavour. I skipped the cinnamon sugar and these babies were just fine without them!! Thanks Lorac.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1⁄3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup maine blueberries
- cinnamon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Beat the butter with the sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, orange juice, and vanilla.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, cornmeal, and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir just until blended, then fold in the in blueberries.
- Lightly grease muffin cups with canola oil.
- Fill the cups about 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugarand bake for 20 minutes.