Cook1 hr 10 mins
From the Magnolia Bakery.
Make and share this Blueberry Coffee Cake With Vanilla Glaze recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil (preferably canola)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries, lightly coated with flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grease and lightly flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the oil, sugar, and eggs, using an electric mixer on medium speed, for about 3 minutes or until light and thick.
- Add the dry ingredients in three parts, alternating with the milk and vanilla, beating after each addition until smooth.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour batter into the prepared tube pan.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 60-70 minutes or until pick comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in the pan for 1 hour.
- Remove from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- To make the glaze: In the top of a double boiler, over barely simmering water, combine the sugar, cream, and vanilla.
- Stir mixture for about 2 minutes or until well blended.
- Pour into a glass measuring cup and cover until ready to use.
- When the cake is completely cooled--drizzle glaze over cake.
- Let glaze set for 1 hour before slicing and serving the cake.