Recipe by *Alia*
This is a lovely blueberry coffee cake. Wondeful served at an afternoon tea or for a brunch.
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Butter an 8 inch spring form pan and line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, and ground cinnamon.
- Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or fork until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Set aside while you make the cake batter.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter. Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until incorporated. Add the flour mixture, alternately with the milk, and beat only until combined.
- Spread the batter into the bottom of the prepared pan, smoothing the top.
- Evenly arrange the blueberries on top of the cake batter and then sprinkle with the streusel topping.
- Bake for about 45 - 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool slightly.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.