Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I found this is Canadian Living its easy to make and tastes really good.
Make and share this Blueberry Coffee Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup softened butter
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- In a bowl combine the last 4 ingredients tossing to moisten. Set aside.
- In another bowl beat the butter with the sugar until fluffy, beat in eggs and lemon rind and juice.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Stir into the butter mixture alternately with yogurt, making 2 additions of dry ingredients and 1 yogurt.
- Scrape into a parchment lined 9 inch square metal pan.
- Sprinkle with blueberries and them the topping.
- Bake at 350 until tester comes out clean.This should be about 50 minute Let cool.
Oh so moist - oh so flavorful - oh so wonderful! There is not one thing I'd change! If I did it would take away from the time I have to eat another slice! Found and made during ZWT8.
I had some leftover blueberries from another ZWT recipe that I had made and was looking for a way to use them up. This was the perfect solution! In a word, yum. In more words, this made for a very moist coffee cake thanks to the yogurt! The flavor was wonderful and the topping was excellent. I really liked the blueberries all located towards the top, just beneath the topping. I used a 9 inch round non-stick pie tin, sprayed with Pam and it worked out great. Thanks! Made for ZWT8 Special Zingo Plus!
Great coffee cake, this was DH's special request. The lemon is distinctive, and we loved it. To lessen lemon for your taste, just reduce the lemon rind by half. Made for The Wild Bunch for ZWT8 ~Special Zingo Plus!.