Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a very nice, simple recipe I decided to post here. It is very fast to put together, and the result is a lovely coffee cake 8)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven 375° and grease and flour a 9-inch springform pan.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside for now.
- In large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg.
- Beat in flour mixture alternately with milk, mixing just until combined.
- Stir in blueberries and pour mixture into pan.
- In small bowl, combine brown sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, cinnamon and the pecans.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool a bit before serving.
The coffee cake was as described, very easy and simple. I coated the blueberries with about 1 tablespoon of flour before adding them to the batter so that they would not sink to the bottom of the cake when baked. The batter is thick. I couldn't really pour it in the pan but rather scooped up the batter and placed it in the pan and then leveled the batter before baking it. The streusel topping is very tasty.
When I mixed this up I got a lump of dough.There didn't seem to be enough liquid. It just wrapped around the beaters and became a thick ball. What did I do wrong? Half a cup of milk seemed to be a small amount for 2 cups of flour.
Everyone devoured it when I took it to work. I used frozen blueberries so it took a little longer to bake, but it turned out fine.