Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
oh, this recipe is DELICIOUS! Tastes like a slice of blueberry muffin! YUM!
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons margarine
- Melt butter or margarine in microwave.
- Let Cool.
- Wash and drain berries, spread on paper towels to dry.
- Put flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- Stir to mix well.
- In another bowl, add milk, sugar and eggs to melted butter or margarine.
- Whisk to blend well.
- Add flour mixture slowly to butter mixture, stirring well to blend.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Spray a 9" square pan with non-stick spray.
- Pour batter into pan.
- In a food processor, mix topping ingredients together until crumbly.
- Sprinkle on top of batter and bake in a 350 degree oven for 50- 60 minutes.
This recipe was great! I really enjoyed it. I did make a change......over 2 cups of sugar seemed like way too much. I cut it back to about 1 1/3 cups and I thought it was perfect, not too sweet but very tasty.
I also used less sugar and it tasted great!