Recipe by Auntie Mags
A light and delicious take on coffee cake.
Top Review by *Pixie*
Delicious with a lovely light texture! I really love the idea of tossing the blueberries with the cinnamon, very nice touch. I drizzled this with a light lemon glaze which went perflectly with it. Very yummy! Thanks for posting.
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss blueberries with cinnamon; set aside.
- In large bowl, cream butter and sugar for 1 minute.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; fold into butter mixture alternately with milk, making three additions of each.
- Fold in blueberry mixture, leaving some cinnamon streaks.
- Spoon into greased 6-cup Bundt pan, spreading batter higher at edges.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until top of cake springs back when pressed.
- Let cool on rack 15 minutes; invert and unmould.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve warm.