Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Adapted from a recipie by Katherine Knapp Aho, in Blueberry Thrills.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (frutose works fine)
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- Mix sugar, shortening and egg together well.
- Add milk, and sifted dry ingredients.
- Dredge blueberries in a little flour and add to batter.
- Pour into a 9x9 inch pan.
- Mix topping and sprinkle on top of batter.
- Bake at 350° for 40 to 50 minutes.