Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a really easy cake to make with most of the ingredients on hand in the refrigerator and the cupboard! It comes out really sweet and bakery style !
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk (you can make your own if you don't have any-just use 1/2 cup milk and take out 1-1/2 tsp milk and pu)
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup of the sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beat well.
- In a different bowl mix flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda together. Add to the creamed mixture alternately with the buttermilk. About 1/3 cup at a time. Beat well after each addition to really combine it.
- Gently fold in blueberries.If you use canned blueberries drain really well first.If you use frozen blueberries do not thaw first.
- In a greased 8 inch square pan sprinkle 1 tablespoon evenly. Pour in all the batter. Top evenly with remaining tablespoon sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
A lovely cake - just right for occasions when you don't want a fancy cake but still want something sweet. I used the blueberries - the cake was delicious.
Yum.....wonderful,moist, tasty cake with just the right amount of sweetness. I'll admit, I didn't have blueberries and used blackberries. Can't wait to try with blueberries! Thank you for sharing.