Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
The classic blueberry muffin taste, mixed with 7- grain goodness for a new "blast" of flavor in your next "blueberry" breakfast experience.
- 12 cups rolled oats, grain mix
- 2 cups cracked wheat
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed
- 1⁄2 cup ground flax seeds
- 6 cups dried blueberries
- 4 cups almonds, sliced
- 2 1⁄2 cups unsalted sunflower seeds (hulled)
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon almond paste
- 1 1⁄2 cups pure maple syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups all natural honey
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- You will need 3-4 glass baking dishes approximately 9x13 inches.
- In a large metal roaster/pan, Mix the first 8 ingredients together, make sure all the fruit in coated with the flour; set aside.
- Bring water to a low boil, pour into a small glass mixing bowl and add the almond paste; set aside.
- In a large glass mixing bowl add together the next 7 ingredients & whisk until emulsified & cloudy, stir the almond paste & water mixture, and add to wet ingredients & whisk briefly.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix until all dry is covered with wet. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Divide the granola into the baking dishes, making sure not to add more than 1 inch to any one pan. Bake for 1 hour, stirring well every 15 minutes and rotating the lower rack to the upper rack as well.
- Remover pans from oven and stir once again.
- Let cool completely in pans. Store in tight close containers, can be frozen for up to 6 months and taken out as needed.
I didn't feel like I was eating a muffin, but the taste was still amazing. I substituted wheat germ for all of the flax seed and ground flax seed. Also, I didn't have any blueberries, only fresh so I left out the blueberries, and added them in my cereal bowl with a load of milk. I substituted butter for the almond paste, and honey for all of the maple syrup, also I didn't have any lemon peel, instead I used an extra slpash of lemon extract, and added 2 tsp. of cinnamon as well.