Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
A great recipe for a weekend breakfast with a little planning.
Make and share this Blueberry Breakfast Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 loaf challah or 1 loaf white bread
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Two nights ahead: Cut bread into 1/2 inch cubes and spread evenly over a baking sheet\; covered loosely with foil.
- One night ahead, assemble casserole.
- In a greased 9x13 inch baking dish, layer half of the bread cubes.
- Cut brick of cream cheese into 1/2 inch cubes and sprinkle over bread.
- Layer blueberries over cream cheese.
- Top with remaining bread.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon; pour evenly over casserole.
- Cover dish and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- Remove casserole from refrigerator in morning and bake at 375 for 25 minutes, covered.
- Remove foil and continue baking an additional 25 minutes, until casserole has puffed, do not brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Refrigerate remaining portion, reheats well.
I don't know whether to give this a 3 or a 4. It was OK the first day we had it but fantastic the next day served cold.