Blueberry French Toast Casserole
This came out of the cookbook "101 things to do with a Casserole." This is a good and quick casserole to make for breakfast.
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 35mins
- 1 loaf bread, cubed
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries (I used 2 cups) or 1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries (I used 2 cups)
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- powdered sugar
- Remember you need to refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Place half the bread cubes in a greased 9x13-inch pan. Layer cream cheese cubes evenly over bread. Sprinkle blueberries over top. Cover with the remaining bread cubes.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, milk, vanilla and syrup. Drizzle mixture evenly over bread. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 25-30 minutes more, or until center is firm and top is golden brown. Lightly dust casserole with powered sugar.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION