French Toast Casserole
photo by Dine Dish
- Ready In:
- 9hrs 50mins
- 1 (10 ounce) French bread, cut into 1 inch cubes (10 cups)
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- maple syrup (optional) or honey (optional)
- Cool Whip (optional)
- fruit, for topping (optional)
- Place bread cubes in a greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and salt (if desired).
- Pour over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Dot with butter.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 to 50 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Top serving with fruit and Cool Whip.
- Serve with syrup.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Oh, this was excellent! I loved it because of the taste of French toast without all the dipping and frying. This was really good. I had some dried apricots, which I stewed, and served as a topping too, yummm! I have been trying dishes to take on a camping trip, and this one definately goes with me. Thanks for posting it.