Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found this is the St. Pete Times this summer. I have had it a couple times already and it is the best!
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, chopped very fine
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss washed blueberries with 2 tablespoons flour. Set aside.
- Mix 1 3/4 cup flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl with mixer cream shortening and gradually beat in sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in the ggs, one at a time.
- Add the flour mixture alternately with mashed banana, stirring until blended. Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour mixture into a greased loaf pan.
- Combine topping ingredients (brown sugar, 1/4 cup flour, pecans, butter and cinnamon). Sprinkle on top of batter in loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.