Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
For breakfast time, tea time, any time!
Make and share this Blueberry and Pecan Scones recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Sift flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl. Mix well.
- Cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in blueberries, pecans, and orange zest.
- Stir in buttermilk just until moistened.
- On a floured surface, roll dough 3/4 inches thick. Cut into 2 1/2 inch circles or triangles.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake at 400°F for 15-16 minutes.
This recipe is so versatile. I've have some time substituted Blueberry, for different types of berries like Cranberries, and as of yesterday I made it w/ chocolate chips & with the zest w/1 tsp of cinamon. The flavor throughout with a nice tang from the Blueberry. They was a bit heavy - So I think I adding a little more baking powder could solve this for me. A very appealing scone recipe that is, made in almost no time at all. I make the full recipe so that I can freeze some to have on hand for a quick breakfast. I will always use this recipe in the future. Did it for PRMR 2013..... Thank you!!! Happy Cooking to y'all ! Grpa
A scones. I made 6 scones and they are perfect. I used frozen blueberries (of which I have lots) in place of the dried ones (of which I have none). These are so moist and tender they almost melt as you eat one but the raw sugar topping I used makes a wonderful crunchy top crust. I used Splenda in place of sugar and a heart healthy margarine. I love the pecan and blueberry combo.
I really enjoyed these scones. I found them easy to make and were very delicious. I only made one change. I used fresh Blueberries. When I ate the scones, the blueberries would explode in my mouth with a wonderful flavor! You should definitely make these scones with fresh blueberries.