Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
As requested, from TOH. Enjoy!
- 3 cups flour
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar (divided)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 medium apples, peeled,and sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Combine flour, 2 cups sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine eggs, oil, orange juice, and vanilla, beat well.
- Add to flour mixture and mix well.
- In bowl toss apples slices with cinnamon and remaining 1/4 cup sugar.
- Spread a third of the batter into a greased 10 inch tube pan.
- Top with half the apples.
- Repeat layers.
- Carefully spread remaining batter over apples.
- Bake in a 350º oven for 55-65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes before removing from pan to finish cooling on wire rack.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- 16 servings.
- I have made this cake, my recipe called it a German Apple Cake and it is great.
- Happy baking.
This is a great apple cake recipe - I was about to post it but found you had beat me to it! I gave it four stars only because my Granny's apple cake is my all-time favorite. Thanks for posting. : )