Recipe by sabradiamond
This recipe is deceptively delicious! The first time I saw it I thought this was far too healthy to taste good! Boy was I wrong! This is a very filling alternative to pasta or potato salads. The wheat berries can be hard to find. I have to go to a small health food store to find them. Cooking time is primarily the time it takes to cook the wheat berries, also walnut oil is VERY expensive, I just use olive oil
- 709.77 ml wheat berries, hard winter
- 473.18 ml frozen lima beans
- 59.14 ml walnut oil
- 177.44 ml canola oil
- 28.39-59.14 ml sherry vinegar
- 236.59 ml dried cranberries (or currants)
- 236.59 ml walnuts, chopped
- 473.18 ml celery, diced
- 236.59 ml scallion, chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan cover berries with water. Cook al dente. Drain.
- Cook limas al dente. Drain.
- Combine walnut oil, canola oil and vinegar. Add to warm berries and limas. Toss.
- Soften dried fruit by soaking in water, if needed. When bean mixture has cooled, add dried fruit, walnuts, celery and scallions. Toss. Season to taste with salt and pepper.