Recipe by Mille®
Adapted from a recipe from Cooking Light magazine.
Top Review by Amy - Ellie's Mommie
I made this recipe exactly as specified with 2 deviations. I used three pounds of potatoes, and added 2 tablespoons of sour cream to compensate for the fact that I didn't have extra blue cheese for the extra pound of potatoes. Other than that, no changes were made. I did not add butter or salt, and I found this recipe very flavorful and tangy and surprisingly light. I used Creative Classics brand blue cheese crumbles and the flavor came through very well. I would serve this again with roast chicken (as I did tonite), a roast beef or pork chops. A very tasty and versatile dish. (My mom did add some butter and salt at the table, but she butters everything and would salt beef jerky if we let her!)
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 4 -6 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- snipped chives, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes and garlic in a saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil; cook until tender.
- Drain potatoes.
- Place potato mixture and remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mash to desired consistency, adding garlic powder to taste.
- Garnish with chives and serve.