Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter 10 (2 1/2 inch) muffin cups.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cheese in a large bowl.
- Combine egg, milk and butter in small bowl until blended.
- Stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Spoon into prepared muffin cups, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan.
Good muffins with a nice bleu cheese flavor to them. Great spread with some fresh butter and served with a stew. Yum! The batter was very thick which resulted in muffins that were somewhat crumbly and dense as well as not your picture perfect looking muffins so next time I think I will thin it down a bit. But all in all, good. :-)
Very nice muffins. I have used wholemeal flour and only 1/3 of sugar.